Monday, January 08, 2007

Preparations

Just a quick update. To use "Australian Idol" vernacular, we're down to the business end of the competion but I feel this journey is such a blessing and all I want to do is sing for my fans. Whatever. After an all too brief vist to my folks in Queensland for Christmas, I'm trying to get everything sorted before take off on the 17th. As per Sunny's request for pictures, this is my current view:



I have come to the conclusion that while I'm good at organinsing other people's lives, any attempt to do is personally is shambolic and kind of lame. For example, all my stuff has to be transported to the parental homestead tomorrow. Despite having packed twelve boxes, I'm stalling on the last one, lucky 13. I have been packing this box for approximately three days while it took me half a day to pack the other twelve. For some reason, I can't get motivated and I suspect writing this post is yet another form of procrastination. However, once the boxes are gone, I think I'll be in a better space to finish everything else off... you know, visas, malaria tablets etc... just minor things like that.

Anyhow, just thought I'd check in and say things are progressing and hopefully there will be some witty observations of my travel from the 17th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jonboy,
glad to see you finally got away.
have a wonderful trip and remember, as me dear old mum always says, if you can't be good, be careful.
don't forget, i wanna see that little black book full by the time you get back.
missing you already.
cheersbigears,
vlad
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,
It's been a few days already, how bout an update from Bangkok.
xxzac