Saturday, June 18, 2011

Update: Piss hat and butter crotch


This is actually a reminder to deposit your toilet paper in the bin provided...

Just a quick update as blogging becomes more difficult. I'm currently sitting in a ridiculous hotel in Kuching (Borneo) and frantically trying to organise our trip here. We found it hard to book stuff for Borneo online (and almost everything here requires to be part of a tour) so we thought we'd do it when we got here except the entire town closes at 12pm on a Saturday and most of the booking agents are closed (to re-open on Monday). This is not the Asia I know! The Asia I know allows you to pay someone five bucks and everything just happens. Stupid tourist and your stupid, arrogant assumptions...

Anyhow, since I wrote last we finished in Ubud and went to Yogyakarta which was kind of weird, terrifying and ridiculous. I had one of the most sublime moments of my life there but couldn't wait to be gone. Kuching is hot the way that Hell gets on a breezy summer afternoon - I could die here, even my sweat is sweating...

Shit that happened:

1. My $2 NY cap I bought in Marrickville fell off a hook in a squat toilet and will be forever known as Piss hat. I threw it away. I'm sad about that because I bought it after I paid way too much money for a haircut in Sydney and the hairdresser gave me an emo cut that swooped across my face. I was 36 at the time and there is only one photo of this haircut in existence. That hat saved my life that day as I was able to get around without anyone knowing what shiteous haircut I had. This morning I desperately needed a new hat so I now have one with ADIDAS on the front. My new sponsor makes me feel like a Eastern European female tennis player. Sadly, it doesn't make me look like one (or maybe it does...).

2. On the flight to Singapore, I ordered pancakes for breakfast but the satchel of butter had been resting on top of something warm. So, as soon as I opened it hot liquid butter poured all over my shirt and crotch - butter crotch! I later stupidly wiped my glasses with my shirt to clean them which made the world look like a romantic scene from the Bold and the Beautiful... It was not my day.

Oh and a bunch of other stuff happened which I'll write about when I have time...

--

No comments: