Sunday, April 08, 2007

Time to come clean

Its time to come clean. You know, China, I wanted it to be this wonderous land of intrigue, tradition and mystery. I wanted this to be the highlight of my trip. And you know what, I was starting to think that China wasn't all that. It was ok. It was interesting, amusing and engaging but it wasn't the big kahuna of burgers , it wasn't the Godfather of mob films, it wasn't the nirvana of grunge bands. It was more your local fish n' chip joint burger, your Donnie Brasco, your Pearl Jam. It was just ok but it wasn't the ultimate, cradle of civilization, knee shaking, body melting life changing experience I wanted it to be... until last Tuesday when the whole trip just went from mono to stereo overnight and the whole thing kicked into overdrive. China, I have arrived.

But sadly I don't have the computer facilities to do it justice so you'll have to wait until later hahahahahahahaha.... har! But if it makes you feel any better, I have used the same squat toilet as Michael Palin. Yeah, the Monty Python guy... really! Overdrive I tell you, O-V-E-R-D-R-I-V-E!

--
Location: Zhongdian trainspotters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't knock mono man. Have you heard Rubber Soul in mono??