Monday, July 30, 2007

J Day

Today is the third anniversary of the death of my friend Josh who was killed skiing in New Zealand. I don't think this is really the place to describe how I feel about this apart from that I'm sure all those that knew Josh miss him. Today I'll be thinking of him and those who loved him.

Just before I left Australia, my good friend Gwen gave me a couple of photos of Josh to carry in my wallet so he could symbolically tag along on the journey. So Josh has skirted the Burmese border in Thailand; walked amongst the temples of Angkor Wat in Cambodia; visited hilltribes in Vietnam; trod upon his beloved snow at the base of the Himalayas in China; had a private tour of the grounds of Stoke City FC in my hometown in England; watched the sunset over the Italian coastline; drank Mojitos in Barcelona; and been within one metre of Jessica Alba in Berlin (don't ask). I'm sure, somewhere, he is laughing at my crappy travel style and hopefully enjoying the ride.


Josh in Berlin.

No comments: